I get a lot of emails asking me "where should I start when starting from scratch?" There are so many options out there and it can get very overwhelming. Plus, once you start adding a few things to cart you might find you've blown your budget very quickly.
At Homepeel we have always been about offering top salon quality products for home use. We have also tried to keep it simple by only bringing on the essentials that we know work.
So here is my first suggestion:
Vitamin C and Retinol
The two superpowers are Vitamin C and Retinol. Treatments and ingredients come and go but these two have been proven to provide the support skin needs in the long term.
Homepeel’s whole ethos is to ‘rage against skin care products that are just pretending’ and the quality of the raws we use to make these two serums are anything but that.
Hyaluronic Acid (HA) ‘instantly’ plumps out very fine lines. Each HA molecule holds 1000 times its own weight in water. So when you rub it into your skin it plumps IN the skin. Not on top of it. Making it quite different to standard moisturisers as you don't always feel moisturised after use. Many still need to use a moisturiser (we recommend our Peptide Cream)
Homepeel specialises in offering salon quality treatments for home use for a fraction the cost. Below are our three top home treatments:
1. Regular Green Herb Skin peels (3-4 per year)
- Keep chipping away at the pigmentation
- Create new collagen and elastin when you accelerate the skins natural exfoliation by stripping the stratum corneum (upper dead layer of skin cells) away. The skin quickly jumps up to replace it causing regeneration.
- Giving you a youthful glow. Removing the mask of dead skin cells 3-4 times per year allows light to reflect off your skin better. Literally giving you the shine of youth back.
- Having an immaculate blank canvas to apply makeup onto. Smooth and even. It will transform your ‘made up’ look.
- Removing the stratum corneum allows your serums. lotions and potions to penetrate deeper into the skin where they can actually do their job. Rather than sitting on the top to get washed off later
- All the above decreases the need to wear foundation which irritates the skin and doesn’t help your skin to be the best it can be
- Keeps the skin smooth like a baby
- Removing the dead skin cells regularly stops congestion (small bumps and pimples)
2. Fortnightly Fruit peel
If the Green Herb Skin Peel seems too intense for your skin or you don't want any ‘downtime', our Fortnightly Fruit Peel is perfect for you.
3. Placenta Serum
- Fine lines
- Decreases deeper lines (like nothing else you can do in the comfort of your own home)
- Pigmentation - better than laser - without the risk of getting rebound pigmentation
- Redness- I have seen lots of customers celebrate finally not having red skin
- Suitable for all skin types, even sensitive and rosacea. This is amazing because mostly skin types like this only have expensive ‘in salon’ treatments to choose from. Finally a home option for sensitive skin
- Deep hydration
- Traditionally placenta (although is amazing) has had a few problems. The odour was the main one. A close partner of Homepeel’s invented the world’s leading edge placenta extraction process which made it odourless
- Very high strength. Pretty much any product that is called a ‘Placenta’ serum just has a dash of it. Homepeel’s Placenta is 50% placenta
- No nasties - the placenta serum is mixed only with organic rosehip oil and a small amount of natural preservative. If you are rolling a serum deep into your dermis, you need to make sure you don't roll chemicals in that will do more damage than good
- This new extraction technique creates a much stronger compound. Old extraction processes sadly had a lot of the placentas ‘magic’ killed off because it got a chance to enter into your skin
- Very affordable - all you need is commitment (3mths). To get results like these in a salon would cost, I’m not kidding thousands
- Surgical grade - this actual placenta is the same raw that is used in high end salons that gets ‘injected'