Acne scars are often brutish looking marks left on the skin when one finally wins the battle with acne blackheads, whiteheads and pimples.
Usually, at the end of acne treatment, people are faced with the battle of acne scars removal and they try lots of different products for acne scars until they figure out what works.
As we age, our skin loses more collagen and these scars become more visible. Treatment for acne scars is available at Homepeel. Keep reading to find which one is suited to you
Do you have acne scars?
Acne scars appear as dark pinkish spots on your skin where you once had pimples or blackheads. These spots are deep brown if you have a medium to darker skin complexion.
The risk of seeing scars when your acne clears is higher if:
- You have reddish, swollen and painful acne. This type usually penetrates deeper than most into the skin.
- You delay treatment for inflammatory acne. The longer the delay, the more likely you will need acne scar treatment.
- You squeeze, pop or pick acne. This action makes inflammation more likely as well as a greater scarring risk. You can use Homepeel's extraction tools found in the Spot Remover Kit to extract more professionally without scarring risk.
Homepeel's acne scarring treatments have a prevention first approach as well as options to tackle pimples as they appear.
- Vitamin C Face Serum: The body produces collagen as it tries to heal the skin. Collagen helps rebuild skin tissue on the scarred part. Low amounts of collagen produced therefore means a risk of acne scars remaining prominent. Vitamin C as an acne scarring treatment protects the collagen produced by the body ensuring a steady healing process.
- Retinol 1% Serum: As an acne scar removal treatment. Retinol increases collagen production in the body and assists in skin cell regeneration. The collagen that is produced will help during scar healing and eventual fading.
- Green Herb Skin Peel: When you develop a scar, your skin immediately starts attempting replacement of the injured part. This is a process of natural exfoliation that takes up to 28 days. Needless to say, the Green Herb Skin Peel is likely the best product for acne scars because it shortens this process from 28 days to between 4 and 5 days complete with collagen- assisted healing and new skin cells.
- Fortnightly Fruit Peel: Recommended for use every two weeks in between the Green Herb Skin Peel. All one does is add fruit of their choice to the lotion and after it has emulsified and bubbled, apply to the skin for an instant glow. It has absolutely no downtime and is a great accompaniment for the Green Herb Skin Peel.
- Peptides: Stimulate the regular production of collagen that aids in the removal of scars. Peptides are known to produce collagen (the body's most common protein) even more prolifically than the famed Vitamin C and are known regularly as a wound healer.